Saturday, August 7, 2010

HER LAUGH, 8/6/10

She laughs over the phone
I used to live to make her laugh
Maybe that was the only thing I was ever good at
Except for making her cry
But now she's laughing over the phone
at something I said
Something that jumped into my head
and out of my mouth and across the distance
to her Bluetooth as she navigates the 5
And I think of all the times I made her laugh
It was when things were best
And I ask myself Is this love
This thing we share
Or is it what is left after love
Is it a monument to foolish endeavors
or just a mediocre tribute band
to something great
But I can still make her laugh
I used to live to make her laugh

8/5/10

She is the whirlwind
dancing across the Painted Desert
She is desire made flesh
slipping away with the tail of the night
She is the wayfarer's dream
as he falls beside the road

No comments:

Post a Comment