Sunday, August 1, 2010

7/22/10

In over my head
For I am drowning
in the cool cool water

7/23/10

The moon,
Two days after full
Pale in the light of morning
Framed between two date palms
Above an empty parking lot
Another day
Fading and falling
In the growing light
A chaste lovers' dance
the sun newborn
The dying moon
Two days after full
Passing glances as they part
Another day

7/24/10

What will fill this emptiness
Whose name will I say
When at last I fade into that good night
Where will I look if not to you
How do I carry on
Why do I miss you so much

7/25/10

A hot dry day
The country scent of my youth
returned to me here,
in this different place
Like hay and ragweed, sage and something more
But until now,
I never fully appreciated
the cool of the morning
And don't have the words to say
How I miss the mist in the morning sky

7/26/10


A year later and I am still lost
How can it be that I was your low point
and you were my high
You ask why I hate him so much
and I say I don't, it's just ...
Just that he's not good enough for me you challenge
Oh darling, I respond
The list of men I don't think are good enough for you
is longer than the list of my regrets
and at the top of that list
the pinacle, the peak
is my name
A year later, and still ...
...I am lost

7/27/10

Where I am now
Might not be the end of the world
but you can see it from here

7/28/10

Like water
Dribbling through the cracks and holes
leaving a puddle on my heart
Like dry ice dropped in a glass of water
filling my eyes with fog
Happiness
like all things transitory
comes and goes on a whim
but is always welcome
for an interlude
a matinee
on a quiet Saturday afternoon

19 weeks, 7/29/10

Sober
or something like it
Not drinking, at least
Though I am still under the influence
of all the things
that led me to drink in the first place
I only wish she would call

7/30/10

A father and son
kicking a soccer ball
in the alley below
while mariachi music
fills my ears
And I think
that's pretty good for now

Haiku 7/31/10

I dream of your kiss
O to die between your lips
but woe to live on

No comments:

Post a Comment