Saturday, July 3, 2010

Three poems, 6/27 to 29/10

Remberance, 6/29/10

I will remember you
through the mornings and the days
against the backdrop of my life
a greenscreen image
as I act the part
written for another
miscast and mistaken
Remembering everything
as is my way
what might have been
If only ...
those saddest of words
Leaving nothing but
my memory
to haunt and perhaps to heal
but never forget
all that is
You

PARADISE, 6/28/10

A promise whispered to the wind
cast loose and forgotten
but still
held in the palm of my hand
dried roses and dust
until the last days of summer
Paradise
Once found
in the eyes of a girl

QUESTIONS, 6/27/10

How can I write a poem
when all I feel is the loss
How can I face the rest of my life
without you as a part of it
How do I find the words
when, like you,
they won't come again
What is the point
when everything comes to an end

No comments:

Post a Comment