Friday, June 18, 2010

Want, 6/14/10

Want to need
Need to desire
Desire to something more
and always
There is you

6/13/10


We walked the world
like gods and heroes
of another age
What we wanted we took
What we couldn't have
we destroyed
We were young
and we were fools
and now amongst the wreckage of our design
we live on
perhaps not wiser
but closer to wisdom
and at last aware
of our mortality

MORE 6/12/10

It was my first word
and what I have always craved
more booze
more joy
more love
And it is what has been missing
since my first word
What is enough when there is only ...
more

LAMENT 6/11/10

My heart will break
And in breaking I will see the world as it is
not as I want it to be
And that, in the end,
is worse than death

Lost Dreams of the Fallen, 6/10/10

We live on
biding eternity
lounging in outdoor cafes
and all night coffee shops
drinking wine as the morning passes
or cheap cups'o'joe throughout the night
We stay in rented rooms or cheap motels
in the outlands
where we belong
at least in a way
We watch a world we can never have
and cannot love
dreaming of heaven's fall
and all that was lost

Copyright Ryan Cole, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment