Monday, June 21, 2010

The Dry Wash, 6/20/10

The expanse
Broader than anything I’ve ever known
Except for maybe the distance between us
Not like the canyons I have loved
But rock strewn and arid
A gulf separating the hills
Waiting for the rains
And what then?
A torrent raging
But now, just a dry place
Broader than anything I have ever known
Except for the distance between us

Regret, 6/19/10

I regret
therefore I am

HAIKU, 6/18/10

And then there is love
Sweet sweet miserable love
It's all that I know

MUSE, 6/17/10

Words strung together
to express a thought as yet unknown
A simple melody
a line of notes
or chord change
A minor to F maj 7th
Simple line across canvas
a dash of paint or a charcoal smudge
to find a way
to move the world
make the girls weep
bringing wonder and marvel
and perhaps, just perhaps
to live on for the ages

SLEEP, 6/16/10

Maybe someday
I'll sleep again
through the night
without waking to look
longingly
at the morning star
Maybe someday
but no time soon
For now I'll be awake
and see the star
Venus as she moves
and think of you

HAIKU, 6/15/10

I would give the world
my life, my heart and my soul
just to hear her laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment