Thursday, October 20, 2011

You Will Become a Shadow (10/1/11)

You will become a shadow

diminishing with the growing day

a cloud moving across the sun

a kiss of shade upon my face

as I wither and fall in place

cast aside to be forgotten perhaps

as you lay in your imposter's arms

Was our love anything more than a magician's sleight

Misdirection and showman's grace

Not real, perhaps, but oh so enchanting

As we came from different solstices

You in your winter palace, me my summerland

A love born in Autumn, now lost to another fall

What is left to me

If these are the last words I write for you

I will write a love song, not a dirge

You were a promise, touched by lies

but still, in essence a hope like a feathered wing

As you become a shadow

and I, something less than before

withering in the autumn

A feather, a shadow, falling in the breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment