Saturday, September 4, 2010

In the Still Cool Morning, 9/1/10

I walk around the little park behind my father's house
in pajama bottoms and a black t-shirt
now faded to charcoal grey
in the still cool morning
as I listen to her speak over my cell phone
and she makes me laugh
Is there any joy greater
than a girl who makes you laugh
She has a musical ear
and when she tells a story
takes on the voices of all the people in it
And though I know none of them
they are all as real as if they are standing beside me
Listening to her and nodding and laughing as well
as I walk around the park behind my father's house
looking out across the dry wash
and talk to her on my cell phone
in my pajama bottoms and a black t-shirt
faded now to charcoal grey
in the still cool morning

No comments:

Post a Comment