Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5/24/10, 5/25/10

HER NAME 5/25/10

I try not to say her name
As if it held some power to cast a spell
I don’t say it aloud though it is in my thoughts all the time
Bouncing around in the empty corners of my head
Resounding like a bell on the door of an old shop
Burrowing deeply into the soft place of my heart
I try not to say her name
For fear that when I do
I will lose that last part
Bouncing around in the empty corners of my head
Burrowing deeply into the soft places
of my heart

Copyright Ryan Cole 2010

TEN WEEKS AND TWO DAYS 5/24/10

Ten weeks and two days without a drink
And I can't say I miss it yet
I don't feel the absence of anything
More it is a presence I perceive
How much has changed in that time
How many worlds have risen and fallen
Empires of my folly
Grief and joy and grief again
And the question I'm afraid to ask
Where will I be,
Ten weeks and two days from now ...
Without a drink, perhaps

Copyright Ryan Cole 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment