Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Random collection

If You Love ...

When I think of something funny, who will I rush to tell?
When I wake up at 3 a.m., who will I feel next to me?
When the sadness comes, as it always does, who will hold me?
When I marvel at all the beauty in this world, with whom will I share it?
When I buy flowers, who will they be for?
If you love someone else now, who will I do these things for?

Walking Home

Walking home from work, on streets I've known my entire life, and yet everything seems different, as if changed in a way that is not readily apparent, same buildings, same road, same trees. But somehow everything seems unreal, like in a dream. I remember a time, long ago, when I was driving with my father, going home from the hospital when my mother was dying. It was the same streets then, the same town, but again, there was a tangible difference that I couldn't name, and still can't.

That's how it felt, walking home from work last night, with only Sirius shining through the overcast night's sky, reaching across a million years to touch me on a strange and wonderful night.

Like Water

For I am like water
Following the path of least resistance
Through stagnant pools and rapids' rage
Like waterI will always find my way
To the sea

A Rarity

I live for the random moments of happiness.
They are the promise that keeps me going.
I just wish they weren't so rare,
but each one is precious,
which only comes with rarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment